Why do we love Invisalign?
- Moves your teeth faster than braces
- More comfortable than braces
- You can take them out and clean them
- People don’t know you are wearing them
- Great option for adults!
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign uses a series of invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners that no one can tell you’re wearing. So, you can smile more during treatment as well as after. Invisalign is made with 3-D computer imaging technology so your case is customized for your needs and wants.
How does it work?
You wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move — little by little, week by week — until they have straightened to their final positions. You’ll visit us about once every six weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned. Total treatment time averages 6-18 months.
What’s the deal with do-it-yourself aligners?
If you have watched television you have seen the ads for mail-away aligners. They seem like a great idea but they can have a costly, negative impact on your smile. Think about it, no x-rays are taken, your bite and bone structure aren’t taken into account, and if something goes wrong, you’re on your own without a dentist to consult. You could be damaging your bite and not even realize it.
The American Dental Association and the American Association of Orthodontists have issued consumer warnings against at-home braces. When considering straightening your smile with do-it-yourself aligners, they recommend that you ask yourself the following questions:
- Is this treatment going to be based off information from X-rays, skeletal structure and full scans of my teeth and upper and lower jaws?
- Is there a dentist supervising the making of my aligners? If so, is that person licensed?
- Are my teeth and gums healthy enough to support orthodontic treatment?
- Can I see a dentist in person in the event of an emergency?
Read the rest of this article at right here
How much does Invisalign Cost?
If you are interested in seeing if you are a candidate for Invisalign, make an appointment with Dr. Kelly for a risk-free consultation. You can discuss your goals and learn about interest-free financing and find out if a portion of your treatment could be covered by your insurance or HSA.